Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bob Balogh's stunt double


I filled in for Bob Balogh yesterday (Wednesday) from 9 AM to 11 AM. I ran a bunch of lengthy sets off the computer and worked on work stuff through the morning. As Bob tends to do these hysterical rambling Garrison Keillor on acid monologues, I bought in the Firesign Theater's "Don't Crush That Dwarf" LP as a Bob-proxy; it was cued up and I was in the process of introducing it when I noticed on the liner notes the statement "You might not want to play this record on the radio because of the FCC." Yikes! Ix-nay on the Iresign-fay! I yanked it. If anybody knows what is so objectionable on that record (I don't recall anything, but then I was never at my most cogent while listening to the FS) please let me know.

Sufjan Stevens, In The Devil's Territory
Herman Brood and His Wild Romance, Saturday Night
Lambchop, The Book I Haven't Read
Haale, Again/Baz
Rilo Kiley, Always
Los Super Seven (feat. Joe Ely), Let Her Dance
Them, I Can Only Give You Everything
Counting Crows, Carmelita
Richard and Linda Thompson, Wall of Death

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Hole in One
Jane Siberry, The Life is the Red Wagon
Mitch Elrod, Real County Dark
Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, Suspicion
Matisyahu, Lord Raise Me Up
The Knickerbockers, Lies
The Producers (Soundtrack), Love Power

Al Kooper and Mike Bloomfield, Blues For Nothing
Nellie McCay, I Wanna Get Married
Jackie Trent, 7:10 to Suburbia
T. Bone Burnett, Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend
Jellyfish, That is Why
The Temptations, Papa Was a Rolling Stone (DJ Jazzy Jeff Mix)
Chad & Jeremy, The Progress Suite Editorial
The Guess Who, Hand Me Down World
Bert Jansch, In The Bleak Midwinter

Handsome Boys Modeling School (feat Cat Power), I've Been Thinking