Thursday, February 16, 2006

02.16.06


The highlight of the show was during the third set when The Phat Man called me on the studio line. We had a brief conversation, then I realized I hadn't shut the mic off. D'oh! DJ's worst nightmare! Luckily, we had a short, clean conversation, half of which went out over the air. I also had to bleep Willie, who uses the F-word on the last verse of the song, albeit in a non-sexual way. Bleeping Willie made me feel dirty.





The Morells, That Mellow Saxophone

Hartz Mountain Company, Parakeet Training Record
Willie Nelson, Cowboys are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other
Handsome Boys Modeling School (feat Cat Power), I've Been Thinking
The Buzzcocks, Ever Fallen in Love
Billy J. Kramer & the Dakotas, I'll Keep You Satisfied

David & David, Welcome to the Boomtown
The Bangles, Where Were You When I Needed You
The Kinks, Waterloo Sunset
Ringo Starr's All-Starr Band (feat Jack Bruce), Theme For An Imaginary Western
Justin Mather, Riverside

Jeff Buckley, Je N'En Connais Pas la Fin
Gerry & The Pacemakers, I Like It
The Strawbs, Hero and Heroine

NEXT WEEK: Justin Mather live in the studio!