Saturday, August 12, 2006

08.11.06

First we chatted up Kathy from Live at Foxhollow about the big show tonight with The Bad Plus and The Screaming Headless Torsos. She was great, sure knew her tunage, and we laughed about everything.

Then the show turned serious. Well, no, of course it didn't. Because my car was in the shop, I rode a bicycle to the studio (not pretty) and thus I brought no music, so I constructed the show completely out of the bodacious and growing vinyl collection that's strewn around the studio in cardboard boxes. Look at what I found. Any record collection that includes Tonto's Expanding Head Band is a stone righteous library in my book. And I only made it maybe 1/4 through what's there. I'm doing this again soon.

Genya Ravan and Ten Wheel Drive, Peculiar Friend, The Night I got Out of Jail
Baby Lloyd and The James Brown Show, Satisfaction (live)
Siegal Schwall Band, Bring it With You When You Come

Tony Williams Lifetime, Clap City, There Comes a Time
Ron Carter, Parade
Dexter Gordon Quartet, Body and Soul (live)

Tonto's Expanding Head Band, Cybernaut
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Prelude-Nightmare, Fanfare-Fire Poem, Fire
Mose Allison, Wild Man on the Loose

Musical Choir of Jyvaskyla, Veret Tuli Mun Silimihini (Finnish choral music)
French Troubadour Songs by Yves Tessier, Estampie
Stan Frieberg, C'est Si Bon

Young Rascals, Come on Up (it skipped!)
Music Machine, Talk Talk
Bo Diddley, Bo Diddley's a Gunslinger
Marvin Gaye, Hitch Hike (live from Marvin Gaye Live on Stage)