Friday, January 12, 2007

1.12.07 Guitar Heroes

Yes, that is a disturbing photograph.

The first show of the new year (sorry about last week, I was yammering about copyright law on AMC) featured some primo boots of late '60's guitar gods. I tend to chafe when I hear people say music isn't as good as it used to be, then I hear this stuff and it gives me pause.

Morells, That Mellow Saxophone

Led Zeppelin, How Many More Times (live boot, Texas International Pop Festival, August 31, 1969)
Jeff Beck Group, The Sun is Shining (live boot, Fillmore West, 1968)
Who, My Generation (live boot, Amsterdam, September 29, 1969)

Humble Pie, I Don't Need No Doctor
Cream, I'm So Glad (live)

James Brown, I've Got Money
Night Train
Give it Up or Turn it Loose (remix)

Sandy McKnight, Charade
Spottiswoode and His Enemies, One Way Street
Velvet Underground, Here She Comes Now

Yahoos, Dancing Queen (for Meryl Streep)
Texas Tornados, What Were You Thinking Of
Morells, The Man Who Has Everything

Graham Parker, You've Got to Be Kidding