Friday, June 08, 2007

6.8.07 Shrinking Show


I bought a copy of this little magazine in August 1964 at a little general store in Consesus Lake, NY. Wish I still had it.

Today started with Jeanne Bassis, the queen of all things play, hosting the great Bobby Sweet, who the Berkshire Eagle called the best singer songwriter in the area.

Then I had an hour to misbehave before the debut of Our Funky Cheese Shack, hosted by Hannah (age 13) and Annalena (age 12). They played Backstreet Boys, Kool and the Gang, and Smashmouth. It's all good.

Morells, That Mellow Saxophone

Big Daddy, A Day in the Life
Don Labriola, Revolution #9
Smithereens, I Want to Tell You
Brad Mehlyau, Martha My Dear
Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings, Taxman
Beatles, Strawberry Fields (fr Love)

Joe Ely, Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
Angelique Kidjo, Gimme Shelter (w/ Joss Stone)
Detroit Cobras, As Long as I Have You

Haale, Floating Down
Ginger Baker, Mountain Time