Friday, January 27, 2012

1.27.12 GODSPEED OUR FUNKY CHEESE SHACK


Two legends of WBCR-LP signed off for the last time today. Hannah and Annalena's Our Funky Cheese Shack has been on the air every Friday since 2007, when the girls were 7th graders. The show has made lots of people laugh over the years. Today they made a few of us cry.
Great job girls. Go conquer the world.







Barack Obama: Let's Stay Together
Morells: That Mellow Saxophone

Paul Kelly And The Messengers: Darling It Hurts
Iggy Pop: I'm Bored
White Denim: At The Farm

Barbara Lewis: Hello Stranger
Barbara Acklin: I Can't Do My Thing
Barbara George: I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
Barbara Lynn: I'm A Good Woman
Barack Obama: Let's Stay Together

Gabor Szabo and The California Dreamers: San Franciscan Nights
Monty Python: Miss Ann Elk

NRBQ: Keep This Love Goin'
Catbird: Ain't We Done Yet
Charlie Watts Riots: Running In Place

OV Wright: Everybody Knows (The River Song)
Barack Obama: Let's Stay Together
Etta James: Stormy Weather, I Got You Babe

Brooklyn Qawwali Party: Allah Hu
Byrds: Eight Miles High
Joe Cocker and Mad Dogs & Englishmen: Cry Me A River

Los Straitjackets: My Heart Will Go On