Friday, March 10, 2006

03.10.06


This one was all four-song sets: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. Dorky, yes, but it sure was fun. The Judas Priest song lit up the phones! Who knew?








The Morells, That Mellow Saxophone

Ensemble Alcatraz with Kitka, Sen Calar, Cantiga de Santa Maria #380 (13th Century. That's old.)
Brain Patneaude Quartet, Distance
Petra Haden, I Can See For Miles
Robert Johnson, From Four Until Late

Frank Zappa, Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance (1961 inst version)
Tin Hat Trio, The Clandestine Adventures of Ms. Merz
Thin White Robe, Some Velvet Morning
McCoy Tyner and Pharoah Sanders, Blues for Coltrane

Billie Holliday, Swing Brother Swing
Ray Davies, The Tourist
Ron Sexsmith, This is Where I Belong
R.L. Burnside, It's Bad You Know (Sopranos mix)

Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson, My Rifle, My Pony, and Me (from Rio Bravo)
Novillero, The Hypothecist
The Bangles, September Girls
Tony Joe White, Tastes Like Chicken

Reparata and the Delrons with Hash Brown and His Orchestra, I'm Nobody's Baby Now
Shakira, Don't Bother
Judas Priest, Diamonds and Rust
Koko Taylor, Wang Wang Doodle

Oscar Brown, Jr., Hazel's Hips
John B, I've Been Stalking You on MySpace
Betty Lavette, What Condition My Condition
Freddy King, Lonesome Whistle Blues

Savoy Brown, Tell Mama
Sky Smeed, Close and Whispering