Saturday, June 16, 2007

6.15.07 How High the Sky

The lovely and talented Sky Smeed stopped by, played a bunch of new songs. Also had visits from Biotic (plugging the Howard Zinn appearance next month) and Hanyo from Our Funky Cheese Shack, the new show that takes over now at 4:30.

We be busy y'all. And thanks to Don McGrory for calling in to tell me I had three things playing at once.

Morells, That Mellow Saxophone

Patricia Barber, I Could Eat Your Words
Kurt Elling, Undun
The Ladmo Trio, Michelle
Peter Sellers, She Loves You

Stevie Wonder, Signed Sealed Delivered (live boot 1973)
Os Mutantes, I'm Feeling a Little Spaced Out
Rick Danko, This Wheel's On Fire

Major Lance, Monkey Time
Ray Charles and Aretha Franklin, Coke Commercial
Them, I Can Only Give You Everything
Wreckless Eric, The Whole Wide World

Iggy Pop, I'm Bored

Sky Smeed Interview and Performance

Anthony Braxton, Composition No. 165