Friday, January 02, 2009

1.2.08 OLD BOOTS


I mentioned the Allman's tribute to King Curtis from 1969, and a guy calls to tell me that King Curtis was murdered on a Friday the 13th in 1971. So I guess it was from 1971! I just dig the fact that I have listeners that know this stuff. And Maggie Welsh liked the Allman's stuff enough that she drove to the station just to give me a hug.

Yo Yo Hashi: Yo Yo's Pad

Jenny Lewis: Carpetbagger
Bettye Lavette: Take Another Piece of My Heart
NRBQ: Ain't No Free

Allman Brothers: You Don't Love Me / Soul Serenade (live radio boot 1971)

Bob Ridgely: She's Mau Mau
Bob Sled and the Toboggans: Here We Go
Uncle Floyd: The Dull Family

Joe Brown: Stormy Weather
Kay Starr: I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm (Stuhr remix)
The Coasters: Everybody's Woman
Roadrunners: Woman, Woman

Led Zeppelin: How Many More Times (1969 live boot)