Saturday, February 06, 2010

2.5.10 HELLO MR. ROGOVOY



So I was all set I was to go a whole show playing just music for a change when ten minutes in Seth Rogovoy announces on Facebook that he's doing this big interview on a station in Charlotte, NC. So I figure, let's broadcast the damn thing, right? Right!
So Seth shoots me the host's #, I call him and he's WAY into letting us do it. So we did it, took the stream off the internet for about 20 minutes 'til it was Cheese Shack time. I figure this is what community radio is for. I'm gone next week. Doing something very unusual. Rehearsing with Blotto. I think it's been at least ten years.

Morells: That Mellow Saxophone

Feist: One Evening
Al Green: I Wish You Were Here
Sparks w/ Faith No More: This Town Ain't Big Enough For the Both of Us

Brandi Carlile: Oh Dear
Dreams
Dying Day
The Story

Phantogram: 10,000 Claps
Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme: If He Walked Into My Life
McCoy Tyner: Blues for Fatha

Seth Rogovoy Interview