Saturday, March 25, 2006

03.24.2006



Featured a couple of great things downloaded from the ROIO (recordings of indeterminate origin) section of the wonderfully chaotic site bigozine2.com : a slice of live Metal Machine Music and some incredible radio commercials from the 60's. Brian Patneaude called in while I was playing the commercials so I cut them short so Brian and I could chat on the air about his gig tonight at Castle Street. I'll have to play more of them in the next couple of weeks.

Original Symptoms, Hey, Nice Vette

Peony Pavilion (Tan Dun), I Once Dreamed
Roxy Music, Re-Make Re-Model
Angelique Kidjo, Voodoo Chile

Lou Reed, Metal Machine Music (live) (3 minute's worth)
Chicago Transit Authority, Psalm 58
The Great Redneck Hope, Pssst.....the Lord Is Awesome
Richard Thompson, Oops, I Did It Again
Smokey Robinson and The Miracles, Come On, Do the Jerk

Lucinda Williams, Essence
Chappaquiddick Skyline, Everyone Else is Evolving

Coke Commercials:
Aretha Franklin
The Box Tops
The American Breed
The Supremes
Tom Jones
Ray Charles

Brain Patneaude Quartet, Release
Brian Patneaude Quartet, Unending

Tom Robinson Band, 2-4-6-8 Motorway
Pansy Division, Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other
Beatles, I Call Your Name
Goodnight Nurse, Milkshake
Ivor Cutler, Women of the World

Jack Ingram, Nothing Wrong With That
Buddy Miller, I'm Gonna Be Strong
The Yahoos, Dancing Queen
Terry Adams, Toodlehead