Sunday, August 21, 2011

8.21.11 DAN BERN!



Hoo boy...15 minutes into the show I looked at the NOAA radar website and noticed this gargantuan storm headed straight at us, and realized all the windows were open at my house. So, I put on some Firesign Theater, drove home, closed the windows, drove back, and enjoyed Jeanne Bassis chatting with the wonderful Dan Bern for the last 45 minutes. It all worked out great. And the storm never hit.

Morells: That Mellow Saxophone

Beatles: If I Needed Someone
Margarita Pracatan: From Me To You
Rev Floyd Hazen: '60's Beatles Rant
Beatles: Tomorrow Never Knows

Don Julian: A Woman Ain't Nothin' But a Stone Trip
Larks: On The Street Where You Live
Don Julian: Shorty The Pimp

Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart: Willie the Pimp
Firesign Theater: Everything You Know Is Wrong (side one)

Dan Bern interview and performance

Bill Lloyd: This Is Where I Belong (Kinks cov)
Keren Ann: My Name Is Trouble
Greg Klyma: Chat It Up

Cream: Those Were The Days