Friday, July 13, 2007

7.13.07 COVER FRIDAY



It was Galen Wade's idea, everybody on Friday plays all cover versions. I'm listening to Todd right now playing a French (I think) version of "Rockin' the Casbah." What a blast! You should have heard Myong's Korean show. Al Wilson's "The Snake" in Korean!




Graham Parker, I'm Into Something Good
Nina Simone, Rich Girl
Shonen Knife, Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head

Animal Planet, Back in Black
Yayhoos, Dancing Queen

A la Carte Brass and Percussion, That Mellow Saxophone

Del Nileppez, Yawriats ot Nevaeh
Bill Murray, More than This

rx, Imagine....Walk on the Wild Side
Judas Priest, Diamonds and Rust
Los Straitjackets, My Heart Will Go On

Blue Ribbon Boys with Julia Gottlieb, Heart Shaped Box
Willy DeVille, Hey Joe
Klaus Nomi, Lightning Strikes

Flying Lizards, Sex Machine
The Number 12 Looks Like You, My Sharona
Hayseed Dixie, Feel Like Makin' Love

Vanilla Fudge, Keep Me Hanging On

William Shatner, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
Richard Thompson, Oops...I Did It Again
Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, This Land is My Land

Bryan Ferry, Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
Detroit Cobras, I'll Keep on Holding On
Antigone Rising, Big Bottomed Girls

Don Ellis Orchestra, Hey Jude